6.04.2009

Sip it gingerly, my dear

It seems I am at constant struggle with my insides. Metaphorically, yes. But today I'm talking literally. I often have an upset stomach due to who-knows-what. So this morning, I brewed some homemade ginger tea. My tummy feels so much better and this tea is actually quite good! It's even a little spicy, so be careful on your first sip! If you would like this concoction iced, just make ahead of time, refrigerate, and serve over ice. I'm also going to experiment with making it fizzy, but that will have to come at a later post.



You will need:

1 sauce pan
water
ginger
honey (if desired)
lemon (if desired)

  1. Bring about 2-4 cups of water to a boil in your saucepan, depending on how much tea you want to make.
  2. Cut off a 2 inch piece of ginger, peel, and slice.
  3. Add the ginger to the boiling water, cover, and reduce to a simmer about 15-20 minutes.
  4. Strain and serve with honey and lemon, if desired.
  5. Enjoy!

Devonly, Yours


No comments:

Post a Comment