6.21.2009

Busy as a Little Bee

Hello again friends! I have been so busy working my little toes to the bone at the salon, I haven't had a moment to attend to anything more than sleeping and eating (hey, a girl's gotta have some priorities!) But, alas, I am back! And I have some really exciting things planned for this week! If all goes as planned, of course - which around my house usually doesn't mean much of anything. Last night I finally had some time to attend to my much needy family.



Harley was beside himself that I was actually home playing with him. Poor guy!


I've been so busy I haven't had time to stop and enjoy my lilies that are blooming right now. The colors are magnificent. I love lilies because they're so low maintenance and their yields are gorgeous. Just plant them as bulbs in a sunny spot, water them well the first year, try not to let the dogs (or the hose for that matter) run over them, and wa-la! Wonderful pops of color. I just planted some chartreuse mum seeds around these, can't wait for them to come up! The package said they will germinate in 7-10 days. Amazing!


But I have had some time to do a little something: make jewelery! I was inspired by a recent trip to my most favorite store ever and by the lack of bills in my wallet to make my own jewelery for a fraction of the cost.


These gorgeous tear-drop stone earrings were a cinch! All I needed were the stones (about 75 cents each), some needle nosed pliers, the posts (which I wrapped around the top of the stone), and the earing clasps. So simple, and they're already one of my favorite pairs!


These beauties consisted of: earring clasps, the beads, a little wire, and a round clasp for attaching everything together. With a little help from my pliers, they were complete in seconds flat. I'm going to be making multiple pairs in a wine color for a co-worker's bridal party. I can't wait to see how they turn out.


This necklace was inspired by one I saw at my most favorite store ever. It was a little more time consuming, but well worth it. And since my dress code at work is all black, I have to spice it up with as much color as I possibly can and this necklace sure stands out.

I have a few more ideas that I'm still working on, but those might have to wait a little while. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Father's Day, and are having a little sunnier Monday than here in Seattle.

Devonly, yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment