6.29.2009

Farmer's Market

Summer time is the perfect time for fresh and local produce when it's at its peak and in abundance. And your local farmer's market is the perfect place to find it. I ventured up to the West Seattle farmer's market this weekend and picked up some lovely items to make dinner with. This is one of my favorite things to do in the summer: grab a random assortment of delicious goodies and make whatever comes to you and even make it up as you go. No rules, no plans. You might be surprised at what you come up with - some of my favorite dishes are usually ones I make up using what I have in the fridge or pantry at the moment. And how can you go wrong with such fresh produce?









For my farmer's market dinner, I made a tomato salad with fresh heirloom tomatoes, feta cheese, capers, arugula, and a splash of balsalmic vinegar and olive oil. Season it with salt and pepper and it tastes as fresh as summer can be.


I also picked up some fresh spinach pasta. When pasta is this fresh, I don't like to cover up its natural flavor with much. Just saute some garlic in a little bit of melted butter, add a splash of white wine, salt, and pepper. It's so good and so fresh.


Devonly, yours

1 comment:

  1. YUM! (I'm starving right now, must eat, anything...)




    By the way, I bought some of those very same turnips (from Willie Greens, right?) and they were delish!

    ReplyDelete