7.23.2009

Garden Vegetable Pasta

I was ravenous yesterday when I got home from work, so after rummaging through my pantry and fridge, I tossed together this wonderful little pasta salad in no time. And it was so delicious, I thought it would be a sin not to share it with you. I'm always coming up with quick, 1-pot pastas during the week nights and this one is definitely one of my favorites so far. Try it when you're in a pinch, you won't be disappointed!

You will need:

1 1/2 cups fusili (or your favorite type of pasta)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup trimmed green beans
1 cups torn fresh spinach, washed
About 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Olive oil
A fresh squeeze of lemon, if desired
Salt and pepper to taste

Step 1: Boil enough water for the pasta in a sauce pan. Add pasta and cook until almost done (about 2-3 minutes before pasta would be ready).

Step 2: While pasta is boiling, prepare other ingredients. Add green beans the last few minutes until tender-crisp. Drain pasta and beans and return to the pot.

Step 3: Add spinach, tomatoes, and goat cheese to pot. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss together and squeeze a splash of fresh lemon over, if desired.



Step 4: Devour immediately! Enjoy! Serves 2.

Devonly, yours

1 comment:

  1. Uhm, YUM!


    (and p.s. that treasure chest necklace is really lovely!)

    ReplyDelete