9.15.2009

Kelly and Brian's wedding

I didn't take one.single.picture! How bad is that? I did all the flowers and decorations for the wedding and didn't get a single picture of the action. But, I did get to take a bunch of the flowers home, so I got a few pictures of my hard work. And the photographer took some amazing ones, which I will post as soon as I get my anxious little paws on them. Here's what they look like the day after - not quite as glorious but still quite beautiful:

The Bride's Bouquet:
(The groom's boutonniere was a white calla lily with 2 black fern curls. It was so cute!)







The Bridesmaid's Bouquets:






This arrangement was a large vase at the front of the church:




And lastly, the center pieces for the tables at the reception hall:





It was quite the stressful day, I must say! I didn't really imagine it being so stressful. Partly because on the morning of the wedding when I woke up to start the bouquets (I had planned the timing of the day with no room for error) all the calla lilies had died! Just *poof* Dead! They were a gross brown, decaying mess. I don't know what happened. So I had to make a bunch of phone calls, run around to some wholesale florists, and eventually found one that had a little less than half the number that we originally had (the bride wanted those to be the main flower). So, we made do, and hurried like crazy. I was making adjustments, giving directions, and organizing people until the minute the family was being seated.

But, all in all, it was a very successful, beautiful wedding. It's strange, because it felt a lot like mine - same time of year, same time of day, same order of events and timing of those events, similar look and feel to the sites, etc. So, afterward, I felt like I should be going on a honeymoon! The happy couple are honeymooning in Hawaii and I'm so jealous. And after all that hard work I put in, I think I deserve a little vacation!

Hope you enjoyed the photos, I know there are a lot, but they're all just so pretty! I will be posting the professional ones as soon as possible.

Devonly, yours

2 comments:

  1. You did such a good job! The flowers looked amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the arrangements! SO GORGEOUS! ...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete